How to Choose a Retail Display Manufacturing Partner
Suppose you’re buying a new car. Before purchasing it, you look at the car brand’s track record, take it for a test drive, closely examine the warranty and examine any of the additional extra luxuries that may be included.
If you would do this for an automobile purchase, isn’t your business worth even more in-depth research when selecting a vendor?
Retail POP displays are a vital part of getting your message to consumers by reinforcing your brand and selling your product. One wrong step can do more than cause you to lose a few sales: it can damage the reputation your company has spent decades building. Even worse, having to change manufacturers can be a time-consuming and sometimes expensive venture.
What you’re looking for is a long-term partnership with a manufacturer who will have your best interests in mind. We’ve compiled a list of things you should consider when choosing this display rack manufacturer.
1. Evaluate capabilities
Retail is more than a mere display. You have to leverage it to give your product a competitive advantage. Obviously, if the manufacturer can’t provide what you need, they should be immediately eliminated from consideration. Here are some questions to ask your potential partner:
- Do you offer the option of different finishes for POP displays?
- Are there any POP display size or shape limitations?
- What type of materials do you use to create your POP displays?
- Can you match our logo/products exact color?
2. Examine where the product is created
Where the product is produced is almost as important as the quality of the product. You don’t want to be waiting on a display that has to be shipped across international boundaries. Even worse, if there’s a glitch in the plans, will you be able to communicate effectively with your manufacturing partner and their international vendors?
3. Look at more than just the portfolio
Of course, you should look at their online portfolio. This is an opportunity to get a sense of the wide range of products they can create.
But let’s be frank: no one is going to put bad examples on their website.
Instead of merely looking at their portfolios, speak to some of their other clients. Ask them if they were pleased with the company and how they responded to requests and changes. Often, this gives you more insight to the quality of the company instead of merely the quality of their products.
4. Examine delivery options
The last thing you need is the headache of having to unexpectedly put your product together or have your assembled POP display damaged in shipping. Does the company ship the product directly to you or do they send it to its final destination? If you choose to assemble the display yourself, does the company provide detailed — yet easy to understand – instructions?
These are all important items to consider.
5. Research company history
Longevity is a clue to the company’s competence. But there’s more to history than the amount of time the manufacturer has been in business. The history gives clues to the company’s philosophy. Sure, they may say they listen and they provide excellent service, but is that embedded into the company’s DNA?
At McIntyre Manufacturing, we tic every box in this checklist.
- If you can dream it, we can create it. Whether you have a specific vision or you need some help to make your plan come to life, we’re your partner in every step of the process.
- Our products are created and assembled in our North Carolina facility. We’re proud to be an American manufacturer and to contribute to the local economy.
- We’re proud of our stellar customer satisfaction record. We put our customers at the center of all that we do. We consider ourselves your partner — we only succeed if you succeed.
- We have multiple delivery and warehousing options.
- Our history started in 1977. Of course, we know there’s more to history than being in business for 40 years. It was John McIntyre’s dedication to quality that created our manufacturing business and our philosophy of excellence. McIntyre started by creating OEM parts in his small, backyard woodshed. His reputation for an outstanding product resulted in a growing and flourishing business.
That’s the kind of history that makes a difference.
Since 1977, McIntyre Manufacturing Group has created custom-designed displays with an uncompromised dedication to customer service. We utilize the latest technology and attention to detail to create the finest products with excellent craftsmanship. If you can dream it, we can create it. Contact us to see how we can bring your vision to life.