10 Reasons Why Unique Custom Displays Should Be In Your Budget
Already crafted your budget for the year? You may need to make a few adjustments.
Especially if you’ve left no room for unique custom merchandising displays to showcase your product.
There’s no question of the value of custom displays: they provide an excellent ROI, they encourage customer loyalty and they reinforce your company’s branding strategy.
But just in case you need more convincing, we’ve compiled our own top 10 reasons why custom displays should be in your budget every year.
The Advantages of Custom Merchandising Displays that You Can’t Afford to Ignore
1. They Take Advantage of Consumer Behavior
Remember, your displays are designed to catch the eye of consumers in brick-and-mortar stores.
By examining statistics, you can see why custom merchandising displays are a good idea.
TimeTrade, a company that produces scheduling software, recently crunched the numbers. They uncovered some interesting trends in consumer behavior and why custom merchandising displays should be a part of your marketing plan.
These stats included:
- It’s a new view on Amazon: More than 70 percent of those surveyed would rather shop in one of Amazon’s physical stores as opposed to its online equivalent. This indicates that the in-store experience is still very valuable—and why a good POP display is more important than ever.
- The personal touch makes a difference: 90 percent of consumers are more likely to buy when they receive assistance from a sales associate who is knowledgeable. A good POP display serves as a source of information for both customers and associates.
- Millennials will search for items online but then will prefer to actually make their purchases in the store. They’re also altruistic. Around 70 percent will spend money on a brand if it supports a cause that is near and dear to their hearts.
- Mobile purchasing is not growing as fast as many would have presumed. Only around 13 percent of the survey’s respondents said they had purchased something using a mobile device.
- An estimated 70 percent of product selections are finalized with a purchase inside the store, according to information from the Point of Purchase Association International.
2. They Accurately Reflect Your Brand Story
Branding is much more than what you market; it’s a reflection of who you are. According to Entrepreneur magazine:
“Your brand is the sum total of your customers’ perceptions, notions and experience. It is the face, personality and the values espoused by your business – and everything in between.”
The article goes on to say that half of all consumers will consider becoming loyal to a brand after their first purchase.
In short, if you don’t make the effort to dictate your brand, and how you want to be perceived, someone else will form that impression.
Your retail POP display should follow your brand messaging that is reflected in your company’s social media presence and marketing efforts.
While it’s easy to think of a brand as something to lure customers to you, in essence, it’s really about getting them to see you as a leader and affirming your credibility in your consumers’ eyes.
3. Custom Displays Allow You to Take Advantage of Innovative Trends
We’re not talking about fads.
We’re talking about implementing technology seamlessly into your display, taking advantage of artificial intelligence, and even encourage interaction with consumers through apps.
You can use this to help establish your brand as an industry leader. (For more information, take a look at our earlier post about innovation in custom displays.)
4. They Can be Customized for Different Locations
What works for a store in the middle of an urban shopping center may not work for one that is in a “mom and pop” establishment in a refurbished Main Street in a small town.
Having a customized display for each location not only helps your bottom line, but it enables you to carefully watch how each area is performing, enabling you to adjust your strategy accordingly.
5. They’re Economical
The bottom line?
Customized POP displays simply provide the best marketing value for your dollar.
We’ve reviewed some ways to determine the ROI on your custom display, so if you need to justify your expenditure to your supervisor, just crunch the numbers and show how custom displays can help.
6. They Can Reflect Current Marketing Campaigns
So you’re marketing a new product and you have a fantastic plan in place. Wonderful!
But now, what if that campaign pivots and you’re introducing a different product?
If you have a customized display that has signage and information that can be “switched out,” you’re saving time and trouble in the long run.
7. They Can Be Geared for Upselling or Cross-selling
To get the most mileage out of your dollar, you can create customized displays that promote various accessory products.
For example, a tool case may be a perfect cross-selling opportunity for a new type of drill that your company is producing.
If you’re not taking advantage of cross-selling, you’re turning your back on a valuable revenue stream.
8. They Can Adjust for Changes at Your Organization.
This may not apply to all of you, but it stands to reason that if you’ve had a change in logo, leadership, or if you’ve merged several different brands, you need custom merchandising displays that address this.
You want to make the change as seamless as possible in order to maintain your product recognition and retail current customers.
9. They Can Open the Door for Experiential Retail
What is experiential retail?
It’s the driving force behind the stability of brick and mortar stores. Many predicted that the online shopping boom would drive these stores out of business, but that hasn’t happened.
In fact, just the opposite seems to be happening – even Amazon has started opening some physical stores.
You see, consumers don’t want to just see a sweater online; they want to feel it.
Fishermen want to experience the weight and feel of the rod and reel in their hands, (something we managed quite effectively for a Pure Fishing custom retail display).
When a customer engages with your product, they are more likely to purchase it. You want custom displays that don’t stand in the way of this.
10. Your Current Display is Looking a Bit Ragged
Our displays are built to last and fulfill their purpose for your organization, whether it’s a permanent display with security or an effective end cap display, quality is the hallmark of every piece that we do.
The Obvious Choice for Your Custom Merchandising Displays
Do you need a strong display that will move your product? Are you tired of the logistics and warehousing issues that arise when delivering your display?
We know that it takes more than world-class design and excellent craftsmanship to truly stand out in today’s competitive marketplace.
It takes exceptional customer service and a dedication to helping you through every step of the process, from concept to completion.
We invite you to see why we have so many repeat customers, contact us for an estimate today.
Since 1977, McIntyre Manufacturing Group has created custom-designed displays with an uncompromised dedication to customer service. We utilize the latest technology and attention to detail to create the finest products with excellent craftsmanship. If you can dream it, we can create it. Contact us to see how we can bring your vision to life.